Allison's Land

Monday, October 10, 2005

Sister's Wedding

My sister's wedding on Saturday was so much fun! It was great to party with her and my family. I sometimes forget just how much fun all my family is...but we really are. We all dance. One of my highlights of the evening was my Aunt - who has school aged children - dancing to "Baby Got Back".

My sister looked so beautiful - every bride does, I'm sure, but my sis - especially so. The wedding was small and intimate, and I think that really added to the celebration. After the church part, the priest complimented my sister on it, saying that he wished more people has weddings like hers, where the focus was on the bride and groom, not the 45 ring bearers and flower girls! I thought it was a very sweet compliment.

The dinner was fantabulous, too. In keeping with the holiday, we had a turkey dinner, and I have never been served so much good food at a wedding. The portions of turkey were super generous. Thank goodness there was lots of dancing afterwards to work it off!

My sister and her husband had lots of fun. They commented that they kept forgetting it was their wedding - it was more just like a great party. That may sound a little strange, but I think it meant that they did not feel responsible for anything. Rather, they felt just as entitled to sit back and relax as any of the other guests.

I shall try to remember all these things for my own, upcoming wedding!

1 Comments:

At 8:10 a.m., Blogger Tomato said...

don't forget hot brides maid's. your sister had a hot brides maid at her wedding.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home