Allison's Land

Friday, October 14, 2005

A moment of bliss

There was a baby shower at my work today, held in the cafeteria, and the badies (someone had twins) were present. I was walking to my lab, on an open ramp that went over the cafeteria when I somehow managed to catch the baby girl's attention. I looked down (from about five meters above her) and noticed that she was watching me! I waved and smiled at her, and actually managed to keep her attention for a bit.

I am very impressed that she could focus on an object (i.e. me) from such a far distance. And, I feel a happy sense of accomplishment, that I was interesting to her. Just by looking at me, the baby cleared away all my stress and filled me with a sense of calm joy.

*sigh*

I love babies.

2 Comments:

At 2:20 p.m., Blogger Tomato said...

This is odd, cause when i "act like a big baby" you don't seem quite as impressed.

 
At 6:31 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love them to- would love to have twins- twice the fun!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home