Allison's Land

Thursday, November 10, 2005

Too clean to be creative

My desk is kinda legendary within the lab. It is adorned with piles of research papers, notes on experiments, drafts of papers and presentations, pens, markers, highlighters, coffee, water, hand lotion, empty V8 and diet pop bottles and cans, and various Hello Kitty items. Not to mention, crumbs and dust. However, I cleaned it up today. I mentioned to a labmate that he has likely never seen my desk so clean. He replied, "it would be more truthful to say, I have never before seen your desk!". Indeed.

Unfortunatly, this cleanliness is oppresive rather than inspiring. I cleaned up with the intention of starting a new project. I wanted to neaten up, so I did not mix things together and subsequently lose them. But, my desk now is glaringly pristine. I do not want to sully it, as I know I will. I am too...creative, shall we say, to keep things tidy.

Odd, really, because at home, clean rooms make me want to use them more. Not that my rooms are often clean; my "creativeness" is present in all my aspects of life.

Nope, I can not explain it. I have no creative theory. There's a first! My creativeness must been chucked out with the trash on my desk. Thankfully, as I know my desk will be messy again soon, I can similarily be assured that my creativity will return as well.

1 Comments:

At 4:53 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahha I'm going to borrow that one.."My apartment isnt messy, its evidence of my creativeness!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home