Allison's Land

Thursday, October 20, 2005

Another universal truth

This may be difficult to believe if you look at my various blog posts, but I have a writing problem: I am too succinct; too brief. I am trying to write a paper for a scientific journal, to publish my results, but I am having a heck of a time being more...descriptive, I guess. I make my point, and then I have nothing left to say.

And yet...nearly every posting on this page is me rambling on for ages about absolutly nothing.

Is this then perhaps another universal truth?

It is easy to ramble on, be lengthly and descriptive when there is nothing of consequence to say. It is difficult to do the same when there is a valid point.

Disclaimer: it might just be me.

4 Comments:

At 8:44 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe it's the difference between inner and outer writing- you know?
Like the portfolio for work and the backpack for after.
And then there are the "cyclists" (commute metaphor) who can see both sides- brief and extensive...

 
At 11:11 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Allison, being succinct is a very, very good thing. Far too few people have mastered that skill. Not very helpful, I admit, but I commend you for your brevity.

 
At 11:29 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe you're smarter than the rest of us?

"If A equals success, then the formula is A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." -- Albert Einstein

 
At 3:46 p.m., Blogger Tomato said...

Funny i have the opposite problem, getting to the point (and i do have one) is sometimes a problem.

Not to say that i have problems. Well okay admitadly i have a few. Minor flaws i say. Minor flaws.

hrm hrm.. yes. oh and i've noticed that there is a spicey comment at the top there. i dont' know if i understand it at all. well i'm quite sure i dont understand it at all.

hyuu hyuu i forgot what i started to talk about...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home