Allison's Land

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

It never rains, but pours

Last week, my major stress was that there were many things that I wanted to happen, that were not happening:
*I wanted the person to whom I gave my paper for editing to give it back to me...with the corrections!
*I wanted to start wedding dress shopping
*I wanted to have some semblance of an idea of where I was going to live after I tied the knot to my intended

This week, I have my paper back and am scrambling to make the many corrections. And there were many. These are not easy corrections like detections of spelling and grammatical errors; rather, phrases like "expand this topic" and "rework this paragraph" litter the margins.

Monday, I went dress shopping for the very first time. I found a dress I like, but, it is unfortunatly a little over my price range. I asked my betrothed if we could skimp on his outfit, in order to make us still come within budget. He used a different phrase on me, but I believe the final message was "no".

Yesterday I called the rental office of an apartment complex that was ideally located, and sounded really good, to see if there were any vacancies, and if not, if I could go on a waiting list. Later yesterday, I found out that a suite just came up for sublet...available January 1st. We are seeing it Thursday.

So, contrary to last week, my major stress is...things are happening!

And, it actually is kinda raining today. :)

2 Comments:

At 9:56 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, if you need a hand moving, I think I know someone with a truck... ;)

 
At 2:15 p.m., Blogger Allison said...

thanks. you're sweet. i definately will be asking for a hand.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home