Allison's Land

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Maybe I Should Watch....

I got my annual flu shot yesterday. I like to get vaccines. I figure it gives my immune system practice. You know, keeps it in shape so when I get sick for real, I'm good to go! What I do not like so much is the idea of a long pointy object sticking deep into my flesh, so, I do not watch. The pain does not bother me, rather, the idea of my insides makes me squeamish.

I showed my bf the bandage, proudly, yesterday, after the shot was over.

"Why do you have needle-stick scab below the bandage?" he asked.

"That's not a scab..." I said as I checked it out. But, sure enough, it was. Today, however, I discovered that I had another one underneath the bandage, too. Couldn't tell you which was which, because, as I mentioned, I do not watch.

3 Comments:

At 6:03 p.m., Blogger Tomato said...

If i might be so assinine to correct you i believe the event went

A: shows battle scar
S: hrm.. that's funny cause you're bleeding here *points to a spot 2cm bellow bandage"
A: No i'm not! *rubs the spot"... Oh maybe i am...

Then we both giggled and were happy and joyfull. Pixies flittered around and the Hungarian Snow Shoed Ox grunted a little in it's sleep. But all in all, things were right in the world.

 
At 7:55 p.m., Blogger claire said...

I got my flu shot last week too, and you know what? When I went to remove my bandaid, I discovered the nurse had put the sticky part on the jab!!! The people who apply these bandaids seem to need stronger perscriptions in their lenses!!!

 
At 1:46 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I notice with my insulin injections if it bleeds at all, sometimes it will take several minutes for you to see anything. I'll sometimes take a shot, check, wont see any blood, and a few hours later when I'm dressing for bed I notice blood smeared down my arm. I get roughly 2191.52344 insulin injections a year, and I still miss it sometimes...

hehe the word verification was pssssflu

 

Post a Comment

<< Home