Allison's Land

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

I am a social klutz

I never know what to do when you see someone a distance away, that you recognize, walking towards you. Do you stare at them for five minutes? Do you look away, and then pretend to be surprised when you look up and pass them? We have a lot of long hallways at work, so this happens to me alot. And, the situation is really only awkward when it's someone you are only on a smile and nod level of familiarity with. Again, this is work, this describes the majority of people in the building.

My tactic: I look up, then I stare at my feet for a bit. I feel awkard. I look up, I bite my bottom lip in embarresment, I look down. I look up, mouth "hello", and am now aware that I am blushing. Great.

The result: The other person smiles back at me in a mixture of what I am sure is amusement/pity.

*sigh*

2 Comments:

At 3:36 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

now I dont feel so bad, that happens to me a lot too

 
At 9:42 a.m., Blogger Tomato said...

Aww that's cute. In such situations it usally goes as such for me.

-see someone i know, but is a bit far away
--i wave
--we get closer, i realize i don't know them
--i pretend i'm looking at a person behind them, and scamper quickly past unknown person.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home