Allison's Land

Monday, January 23, 2006

Intelligent Dreams?

I remember when I was in undergrad and studying for big exams, I would go to bed, thinking I could get some respite from chemical structures and biological pathways. Unfortunately, I was sorely mistaken. My dreams were haunted by the very things I was hoping to forget about for a few brief hours. And, with the haunting came the paranoia, "am I dreaming correctly, or am I dreaming misinformation?".

The misery has returned to me. I go to bed, but I am still writing my grant in my sleep. At least now it is potentially helpful, and, as it does not involve memorization, the only harm it does it make my nights less blissful.

Hamlet said "to die, to sleep; to sleep perchance to dream; ay, there's the rub, for in that sleep of death who knows what dreams may come?" He did not know the half of it. Who needs death to dread their dreams?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home