Allison's Land

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Allison's pet peeve #1

So, I am planning on getting married. Yay! :)
This also means, I am planning a wedding. Boo. :(

However, when I complain about how much work a wedding is to plan, please do not tell me that weddings are stupid and I should elope. I love my family. I love my friends. I really, truly, want to share this day with them. I just sometimes want to vent. But, obviously not to the people who tell me to elope - you people are not my friends. You are undermining my values. And, it's irratating to me!

Want to know the best way to listen to someone's complaints? Just listen! Do not ofter advice, or a similar experience you had or anything. Just shut up and listen! THAT makes for a good friend.

Thank YOU for listening.










(all that being said, please do not be afraid to comment on this and future posts)

1 Comments:

At 8:50 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay- so I am a little scared to comment- but what the hell- this way nobody can say I don't take risks :)
Anyway- just thought I would let you know I am on a sort of vacation next week so if you need help with anything or want to go for coffee I will have plenty of time on my hands!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home