Allison's Land

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Sleep and marriage

So, I am now married and living with my husband. Wow. Husband, husband, husband. Tee hee...what a word.

There has been a lot of super great, new things, but also some adjustments and growing pains. Sleep is an issue right now.

Before, I lived in the cool basement of my parents' house. I slept in a little twin bed that I had all to myself. Now, I sleep in an apartment that trends towards warmness. The queen bed is very comfy, and brand new, but there's a catch - I have to share. I love my honey, but wowee, does he ever throw off a lot of heat. And you know, it's hard to roll over and squirm until you are comfy when there is a heavy arm drapped over you, holding you down.

As a result, I am not sleeping as well as I used to. It takes me a while to fall asleep at night. And, I periodically wake up in the middle of the night as I toss and turn. Sometimes, I am so angry, because when I wake up, I can hear my husband sleeping soundly. Why isn't he bothered by me, as I am by him? If I had more energy in the middle of the night, I might pummel him. However, instead, I sigh and roll over.

On the weekend, I was so impressed, because I felt like especially towards morning, I was getting quite a few hours of good, solid sleep. Apparently, Sang had felt well rested, and got up to watch morning cartoons. I slept well, because he was gone.

I do, however, think I am slowly getting used to it. The cooler weather is helping, because it cools off the bedroom.

And last night, I guess Sang had to get used to me: I had a bit of a nightmare, and woke up, kinda freaked out. He woke up to me hidden deep beneath the sheets, squeezing him around the middle. Apparently, it was a little surprising.

3 Comments:

At 12:31 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

It does take some getting to use to but in my opinion one of the best parts of being married is getting to share the bed! You will be surprised that after awhile if he is ever gone for a few nights- how much you miss him throwing heat and getting in the way

 
At 7:32 p.m., Blogger claire said...

Don't worry Al,
You're not alone! I sometimes have the exact same sleep problem and I get mad too, when he is sleeping so soundly and I'm not! Glad I'm not the only one. I can't fault him for it right now, though because he is working very long days out in the field, including today (Sat) so he needs his sleep!

 
At 5:23 p.m., Blogger Elizabeth said...

i wish i had that problem!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home