Allison's Land

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Stiffy

I have been taking a yoga class for the last couple weeks, and I am somewhat embarassed to report that me (and one other girl) share the title of being the least flexible in the class, such that the poses we do are somewhat modified.

I should explain that it is our lack of quad and/or hamstring flexibility that has led to this. I have extreme flexibility in other regions, such as my upper body (sholders especially). Since last week, I have been trying to stretch out my taut muscles...we will see if this makes any difference in class.

On the weekend, Sang and I went over to a friend-couple's house, who had recently installed a climbing wall. We had fun and it was very challenging (it's not just about getting to the top, it's the holds that you can use and the routes you can take as you make your way across). The next day, Sang's arms were sore, and couldn't hold much weight. I chided him gently (of course!) for over-exerting himself.

By the next day, however, my arms were hurting, and I still feel residuable stiffness.

I have yoga class now in a couple hours - between my chronic lack of leg flexibility and my new lack of arm flexiblity - it may be all I can do to simply roll out my yoga mat!

1 Comments:

At 5:49 p.m., Blogger claire said...

Good luck contorting yourself into all sorts of odd and interesting shapes. It sounds like you may need some back up to untwist you incase you get stuck!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home