Allison's Land

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

You know you're friends when...

There are lots of things that could probably complete that sentance. The one I am thinking of, and is fairly widely used, is "when you can travel together". Certainly, that can make or break a lot of friendships. Sometimes, you feel closer together after. Sometimes, you never want to see the other again!

When I loaded up a car with three other girls from work and headed out to New Mexico last winter, the guys back at work were predicting some major personality clashes. You see, two of us are perhaps "alpha female" types. Well, they were wrong. I am only hmm...obstinate about some things.

The other "alpha female" and I are still friends, and she frequently brightens my day by sending me emails. Today, I was feeling uber out of the loop and detached from everyone, and she put me in the greatest of moods by discussing...our next road trip!

This time, I will be the one honey-mooning without my husband (last year it was her).

There are lots and lots of details to work out, but I have something new to look forward to.

4 Comments:

At 9:41 p.m., Blogger Tomato said...

i think it's only fair then that you let your husband honey moon without you.

I've always wanted to visit alberta, people say it's a nice province.

 
At 10:18 p.m., Blogger claire said...

Either one or both of you are more than welcome to visit us!

 
At 6:08 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I personally quite enjoyed honeymooning with my husband- acutally we still are honeymooing!!! (sorry to be so corny but it is true)

 
At 12:47 p.m., Blogger Allison said...

wow..mary is so sweet, you could spread her on toast and call it dessert!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home