Allison's Land

Monday, June 05, 2006

Back from Vancouver!

I had a lot of fun this weekend. I think I was expecting the weekend to be more stressful, more of an endurance, but really, it was great.

Friday night Sang's sister (not the one getting married!) and her friend picked us up at the airport, and drove us to the hotel where the bridesmaids were staying overnight (in order to be close to where the reception was). We hung out, had a few drinks, and then caught a ride to Sang's mom's house.

Saturday we rushed so we could show up early for family pictures. I was so tickled that I was considered family. Sang and I have been dating forever (okay, only six years), but we are not married yet. Nevertheless, I am in all the pics. One of my favorite moments was when the bride came into the photo studio and said "wait, my sister isn't here yet!"

The photographer looked at me, looked at her, and then looked at me again, as if to say "you mean, this isn't your sister?"

(the bf and i are of visibly different ethnic backrounds. so, we are impossibly genetically related. i do however realize that not all family relationships are genetic, but i still found this funny)

After pictures we ran some errands, and had some very short down time - Sang and I caught a 30 minute nap, only to be awakened by his mom telling us we were leaving in 10 minutes. Argh! Thankfully, we are naturally goodlooking, so it didn't take us long to get ready! ;P

We went to the restaurant, and as family, were one of the first ones there. Again, I was happy because I was put to work - a true sign of being accepted as part of the family, which is something I truly appreciated. The dinner was incredible - 10 courses. We started eating at 8:00 pm and weren't done until 10:30/11:00 pm.

I was sitting at a table with Sang's B.C. friends, and I think I could call them my friends, too. They all love Sang so much, that they are ready to love me too, just because of who I am to him. They were trying to tell me what a great guy he is, but really, I am way past convincing! It was super fun to swap stories though.

Sunday was low key. We hit a mall - and I found my wedding shoes, I think. Yay! I just need to try them on with my dress. We also hit an oriental grocery store, and bought some nummy treats for the plane ride home.

And now, we're back!

2 Comments:

At 8:33 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow- what an adventure- so glad to hear that you had a great time- now not too much down time as the social is fast approaching.
I can't wait to see the wedding shoes!!!!!!!

 
At 9:34 p.m., Blogger claire said...

Sounds like a whirlwind weekend! Glad to hear you managed to find some shoes! That's great!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home