Allison's Land

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Everything you learned in Kindergarden is NOT true

So, you know how there's a book called "Everything you need to know you learned in Kindergarden"? Well, remember how back in grade school they said that if there's a fire drill you should leave immediately and not grab any of your stuff? Not true.

This morning there was a fire something at work...I don't know what it was all about yet. So the alarm sounds, and being the good girl I am, I went to the marshalling station, and then exited the building. Well, I guess it was more than a drill, because after we had assembled in a neighbouring building, we heard it was going to be an hour or two before we were allowed back in. I had no jacket, no car keys, no money, no phone.

We walked across the street for coffee - one of the other girls in my lab lent me the shell of her jacket, and we begged money off whomever we knew. It seemed like almost everyone from our building had gone to Tim's. Then, I went to the library and looked at the new journals, then got really bored and tired of it all. We all periodically called back to see if anyone had been allowed back into the building.

Finally, we decided to walk back to see if we could hear any news. Seems that they had just (15 minutes prior) allowed everyone back in. So, in all we had been evacuated from 10 am until 12:30 pm.

The lesson I learned is that next time there is a fire alarm - I grab everything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home