Allison's Land

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

We're getting comfortable

I would have to say that most of the growing pains I am experiencing about my marriage have more to do with living with my beloved, as opposed to the actual marriage part. I don't know if this means that people who lived together before they were marrried experience absolutely no discomfort/change when they are wedded, or weither their problems/experiences are simply different than mine.

Everyday, I am happy to say that Sang and I are getting more comfortable with living with each other. Last night, however, I think we reached an important milestone. The "just because we're both at home tonight doesn't mean we need to hang out" milestone. Now, if that happened every night we were together, that would probably really start to suck. But occasionally, it's really nice I think to have some "me time" at home.

Last night, for example, we went out for Vietnamese food because Sang was experiencing a particular craving. Once we got home, I called my very dear friend who just had a baby. As I was chatting in the bedroom, Sang was passed out on a chair in the living room. After I was done on the phone, I starting making cookies in the kitchen, while Sang migrated to the study, and then the bedroom to play on his computer, and DS Lite, respectively.

If either of us had needed to hear the other's voice, it was available. But, it was not nessesary. We were seperate, together. And comfortable with that.

1 Comments:

At 4:42 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

can we please have some pics of the wedding???

 

Post a Comment

<< Home